Ottawa Foundation Repair
When it comes to your home there really is nothing more important to the overall structure and safety of your home that it’s foundation.
Ottawa Foundation Repair operates as a certified foundation repair experts, a BBB member specialized in Concrete Crack Epoxy/ Urethane injections, Exterior Excavation Waterproofing, House leveling and Foundation Stabilization, Wet basement restoration, Damp proofing in Ottawa, Kanata, Orleans, Rockland, Stittsvilles, Carp, Cumberland, Vars, Embrun, Metcalfe and Ottawa south areas.
Ottawa Foundation Repair offers 25 year transferable warranties on Exterior Waterproofing and 15 years on interior crack resin injections.
You will have the peace of mind and know that the job was done right – the first time.
Signs That You Might Need Ottawa Foundation Repair Contractor
If you are noticing things like bowing basement walls, cracks in your home foundation, water in your basement, sticking windows and doors or just uneven floors, then chances are that you might have a foundation problem.
Typically, foundation repairs are not something that an average homeowner can do themselves, but in some cases the damage can be largely mitigated with relatively simple projects – like adding gutters or grading the area around the homes foundation so that water flows away from the home.
The first step is to have the problem analyzed by an expert. A certified Ottawa Foundation Repair will come out to your house and provide you a full assessment of the issue.
Once you fill out the form in the sidebar above, we will schedule a time to visit your home at your convenience and one or our certified Ottawa Foundation Crack Repair contractors will:
- Fully Investigate the problem and overall structural condition of your home
- Identify the cause of the foundation problem
- Analyze any safety concerns that you need to be aware of
- Make recommendations for solutions and preventative measures
- Issue you a printed quote and fully explain everything included
- Cover any work done by our iron-clad, guarantee so you’ll never have to worry again.
A home foundation repair is not something that the average homeowner can undertake themselves without some professional advice from an experienced engineer, so simply fill out the form above and Ottawa Foundation Repair can assess your needs and give you some insight into the causes, the solution and the severity of your foundation problem.
A typical exterior foundation waterproofing process
Outlined below are the ten steps to every successful basement waterproofing job. Prior to digging, we call Ontario One Call on your behalf to locate and mark out all underground gas lines and other utilities.
- Every exterior / outside waterproofing job begins by digging out the perimeter of the basement wall foundation down to the footings level and approximately 2 feet out from the wall. The soil is placed on tarps, keeping site clean.
- After the exterior / outside basement walls have been dug out, the wall is thoroughly cleaned and searched for cracks, holes, and voids.
Any defects found in the wall are repaired and filled with a hydraulic cement that expands to completely close any gaps.
- A cement parging (if required) is applied to the entire basement wall providing strength and base for the additional waterproofing layers.
After the parging dries, if the basement is a cinder block or brick foundation, a waterproofing coating is applied from grade down to footings level. With concrete foundations a Blue Skin membrane is applied. Either will provide a dry basement.
- Delta®-MS membrane is attached to the foundation. It is a dimpled layer which becomes the first line of defense between the earth and basement. The dimples provide an air gap to drain any water straight down into the weeping tiles.
- Weeping tiles with filter cloth are installed beside the footings and connected to existing foundation drain system. The weeping tiles are covered with clean coarse gravel to ensure that water drains into the foundation drain connections.
- Prior to back filling of the excavation, a water test is done to ensure system drains properly.
- The basement is back filled with a tamping device to limit settling of the soil.
- Finally, an entire cleanup is done to ensure your property returns to the way it looked before we started.
- As soon as the job is completed, we provide you with a 25 year waterproofing guarantee.